2017, № 66UDC: 601.2:576.34
Secondary metabolism of higher plants in bioontologiesPlant metabolomics is now playing a significant role in systemic using plant functional analysis and applies to plant biotechnology. The key problem is developing ways to deal with such huge and heterogeneous data sets. Information resources such as databases and computational tools are becoming more and more important for effectively handling scientific data sets. To integrate heterogeneous data sets effectively, procedures to generate relationships between data sets and to consolidate the data structure for each feature are formed. Many information resources are available to facilitate plant science. Ontologies are collections of formal definitions and axioms that provide a computational counterpart to textual definitions. Among them, the MetaCyc database, containing extensive information on the metabolic pathways and enzymes of many organisms; ChEBI - database and ontology of biologically significant small molecules; PMN - an association of databases on biochemical pathways and scientific communities that are oriented towards plant metabolism. Their analysis, addition and organization of connections between the bases will make it possible to characterize better the systemic nature of secondary metabolism.
Keywords: System biology, ontologies, bioontologies, secondary metabolism, MetaCyc, ChEBI, PMN
- Калашникова, Е. А. Основы биотехнологии / Е. А. Калашникова, М. Ю. Чередниченко. - Москва: Изд-во РГАУ-МСХА, 2016. - 187 с.
- Croft, D. Reactome: a database of reactions, pathways and biological processes / D. Croft, G. O'Kelly, G. Wu, R. Haw, M. Gillespie [et al.] // Nucleic Acids Research. - 2011. - Vol. 39 (suppl. 1). - P. D691-D697.
- Hastings, J. The ChEBI reference database and ontology for biologically relevant chemistry: enhancements for 2013 / J. Hastings, P. de Matos, A. Dekker, M. Ennis, B. Harsha [et al.] // Nucleic Acids Research. - 2013. - Vol. 41. - P. D456-D463.
- Haug, K. MetaboLights - an open-access general-purpose repository for metabolomics studies and associated meta-data / K. Haug, R. M. Salek, P. Conesa, J. Hastings, P. de Matos [et al.] // Nucleic Acids Research. - 2013. - Vol. 41. - P. D781-D786.
- Li, C. BioModels Database: An enhanced, curated and annotated resource for published quantitative kinetic models / C. Li, M. Donizelli, N. Rodriguez, H. Dharuri, L. Endler [et al. ] // BMC Systems Biology. - 2010. - Vol. 4. - P. 92.
- Dobronogova Anna Sergeevna, PhD student, Federal State Budgetary Educational Institute of Higher Education “Russian Timiryazev State Agrarian University”.
- Cherednichenko Mikhail Yuryevich, PhD in Biotechnology, Federal State Budgetary Educational Institute of Higher Education “Russian Timiryazev State Agrarian University”.