2018, № 72UDC: 633.853.492:575.224.46.044
Assesment of the perspective mutant forms of the springcanola with improved phenotype and seed productionCanola (Brassica napus L.) is the second most important oilseed crop in the world, as it can be cultivated in a temperate climate with a low sum of effective temperatures. Canola oil has about 90% of C18, the most valuable unsaturated fatty acids (FA). Chemical mutagenesis is among the most effective methods for obtaining the starting material for selection. In order to obtain plant forms with high yield, resistant to lodging, and with a high fat content and protein, the seeds of the domestic varieties of spring rape Vicros and Podmoskovny were treated with aqueous solutions of chemical mutagens of ethyl methanesulfonate (EMS) and dimethyl sulfate (DMS) at various concentrations. The selection for desired traits was carried out in the generations M1-M7. Twelve M3 families from Vicros seeds treatment and 5 families from the Podmoskovny variety were selected based on habit, early ripeness, yield and improved biochemical characteristics of the seeds. We show that selection of families for seed production could be possible as early as M3 generation. We have isolated rapeseed lines with a smaller height of plants (80-95 cm), with increased seed productivity, and with accelerated seed maturation. We found that Vicros variety was more mutable. The greatest mutagenesis efficiency for both frequency and spectrum of changes was observed for this variety with EMS concentrations of 0.03 and 0.04%. For the Podmoskovny variety, EMS was also more effective than DMS, and only 0.02% concentration was optimal.
Keywords: Brassica napus, chemical mutagenesis, EMS, DMS, morphological features, high seed production, fat, protein
- Spasibionek, S. New mutants of winter rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) with changed fatty acid composition / S. Spasibionek // Plant Breeding. - 2006. - Vol. 125. - С. 259-267.
- Рапопорт, И. А. Эффективность химических мутагенов в селекции: сб. статей / И. А. Рапопорт. - М.: Наука, 1976. - 351 с.
- Plant mutation breeding and biotechnology. Plant Breeding and Genetic Section / edited by Q. Y. Shu, B. P. Forster, H. Nakagawa ; Joint FAO/IAEA Division of nuclear techniques in Food and Agricultural. - UK: CABI, 2012. - 608 р.
- Volovik Valentina Timofeevna, Dr. Agr, Researcher, Federal Williams Research Center of Forage Production and Agroecology, Federal Williams Research Center of Forage Production and Agroecology.
- Prologova Tatjana Vasiljevna, Dr. Agr., Researcher, Federal Williams Research Center of Forage Production and Agroecology.
- Shirokova Anna Vladimirovna, Dr. Biol, Researcher, N.K. Koltzov Institute of Developmental Biology Russian Academy of Science.
- Krutius Oleg Nikolaevich, Dr. Chim., Researcher, N. N. Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics.