2022, № 97UDC: 636.033
Digestibility of dry matter of forages and physiological state of animals when feeding hemp cakeDue to its high content of crude protein and beneficial fatty acids, hempseed meal can be a high quality feed for ruminants. The article presents experimental data on feeding various doses of hemp cake to bulls of the Kazakh white-headed breed and its effect on the digestibility of the dry matter of concentrated feed and morpho-biochemical blood parameters. The hemp variety "Rodnik" is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for crop cultivation zones approved in 2019. The assessment of dry matter digestibility of barley grain was carried out by the in situ nylon bag method on fistulated bulls of the Kazakh white-headed breed. For this, 4 samples were prepared in three repetitions: control sample - grain mixture 100%; No. 1 - grain mixture 86% + hemp cake 14%; No. 2 - grain mixture 80% + hemp cake 20%; No. 3 - grain mixture 74% + hemp cake 26%. The mass of the sample was 5 g. It was found that the introduction of hemp cake in different dosages into the sample with the dry matter of barley grain contributed to the digestibility of the sample by 0.43%, 0.30 and 1.0% compared with the control. At the same time, sample No. 3, containing 26% hemp cake, was distinguished by the best digestibility. Analyzing the blood parameters of bulls in the context of three groups, it can be seen that the number of erythrocytes, as well as the concentration of hemoglobin in the blood of animals in the experimental groups, was higher by 14.40 and 22.03%, respectively, compared to the control. Young animals from the control group were inferior in terms of the amount of AST in the blood to their peers from the first experimental group by 137.1 U / l. Animals treated with the main diet of hemp cake at a dose of 600 g/goal had more lymphocytes in the blood by 46.6% and monocytes by 5.0% compared with analogues from the control group. The introduction of hemp cake in a sample with concentrated feed at a dose of 14% to 26% improves its digestibility and does not adversely affect the physiological parameters of the body of bulls.
Keywords: Digestibility, fistulated bulls, blood, in situ, hemp cake.
- Bailoni, L. Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) Seed and Co-Products Inclusion in Diets for Dairy Ruminants: A Review / L. Bailoni, E. Bacchin, A. Trocino, S. Arango // Animals. - 2021. - 11(3):856. doi: 10.3390/ani11030856.
- Duskaev, G. K. Assessment of (In vitro) toxicity of quorum-sensing inhibitor molecules of Quercus cortex / G. K. Duskaev, D. G. Deryabin, I. F. Karimov, D. B. Kosyan, S. V. Notova // Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research - 2018. - No. 10(1). - Р. 91-95.
- Farinon, B. The seed of industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa L.): Nutritional quality and potential functionality for human health and nutrition / B. Farinon, R. Molinari, L. Costantini, N. Merendino // Nutrients. - 2020. - No. 12. - Р. 1935.
- Hessle, A. Cold-pressed hempseed cake as a protein feed for growing cattle / A. Hessle, M. Eriksson, E. Nadeau, T. Turner & B. Johansson // Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica, Section A - Animal Science. 2008 - P. 136-145. - DOI.org/10.1080/09064700802452192.
- Iannaccone, M. Whole blood transcriptome analysis in ewes fed with hemp supplemented diet / M. Iannaccone, A. Ianni, F. Contaldi, S. Esposito, C. Martino, F. Bennato, E. De Angelis, L. Grotta, F. Pomilio, D. Giansante, G. Martino // Scientific Reports. - 2019. - No. 9(1). - Р. 16192. - https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-52712-6.
- Karimov, I. Evaluation of effects of rumen fluid in combination with probiotic preparations and vanillin on the luminescence of a recombinant strain E. coli / I. Karimov, K. Kondrashova, G. Duskaev, O. Kvan // E3S Web of Conferences - 2020143. - 02034. - DOI 10.1051/e3sconf/202014302034.
- Klir, Ž. An overview on the use of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) in animal nutrition / Ž. Klir, J. Novoselec, Z. Antunović // Poljoprivreda. - 2019. - 25. - Р. 52-61.
- Kvan, O. Changes in the content of chemical elements in the muscle tissue of broilers on the background of plant extract and tetracyclines / O. Kvan, G. Duskaev, S. Rakhmatullin, D. Kosyan // International Journal of Environmental Science and Development - 2019 - No. 10(12). - Р. 419-423. - DOI 10.18178/ijesd.2019.10.12.1209.
- Logachev, K. Study of intercellular interaction of ruminal microorganisms of beef cattle / K. Logachev, I. Karimov, G. Duskaev, A. Frolov, S. Tulebaev, O. Zav'yalov // Asian Journal of Animal Sciences - 2015. - No. 9(5). - Р. 248-253. - DOI 10.3923/ajas.2015.248.253.
- Mustafa, A. F. The nutritive value of hemp meal for ruminants / A. F. Mustafa, J. J. McKinnon, D. A. Christensen // Can. J. Anim. Sci. - 1999. - 79. - Р. 91-95.
- Nudda, A. Effect of extruded linseed supplementation on blood metabolic profile and milk performance of Saanen goats / A. Nudda, G. Battacone, A. S. Atzori, C. Dimauro, S. P. G. Rassu, P. Nicolussi, P. Bonelli, G. Pulina // Animal. - 2013. - 7. - Р.1464-1471. - http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1751731113000931.
- Pojić, M. Characterization of byproducts originating from hemp oil processing / M. Pojić, A. Mišan, M. Sakač, D.T. Hadnađev, B. Šarić, I. Milovanović, M. Hadnađev // Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. - 2014. - No. 62(51). - Р. 12346-12442, 10.1021/jf5044426.
- Rupasinghe, H. P. V. Industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa subsp. sativa) as an emerging source for value-added functional food ingredients and nutraceuticals / H. P. V.Rupasinghe, V. D. Zheljazkov, A. Davis, S. K. Kumar, B. Murray // Molecules. - 2020. - 25. - Р. 1-24.
- Semwogererea, Farouk Chevon production and quality of Kalahari Red goats fed increasing levels of hempseed cake substituted for soybean meal / Farouk Semwogererea, Obert С. Chikwanhaa, Chenaimoyo L. F. Katiyatiyaa, Munyaradzi C. Marufu, Cletos Mapiy // Meat Science. - 2022. - Vol. 187. - 108749.
- Turner, T. Influence of hempseed cake and soybean meal on lipid fractions in bovine M. longissimus dorsi / T. Turner, A. Hessle, K. Lundström, J. Pickova // Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica Section A - Animal Science. - 2008. - No. 58 (3). - Р. 152-160. 10.1080/ 09064700802492354.
- Vastolo, A. Chemical and nutritional characteristics of Cannabis sativa L. co-products / A. Vastolo, S. Calabrò, S. Pacifico, B. I. Koura, M. I. Cutrignelli // J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). - 2021. - 105. Suppl 1. - Р. 1-9. - DOI: 10.1111/jpn.13557.
- Denisenko Konstantin Sergeevich, undergraduate, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences".
- Duskaev Galimzhan Kalikhanovich, DSc in Biology, professor of the RAS, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences".
- Nurzhanov Baer Serekpaevich, DSc in Agriculture, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences".
- Galiev Bulat Khabuleevich, DSc in Agriculture, professor, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences".