2021, № 93UDC: 633.11:632.938.1+575.117
Aficidal and immunostimulating activity of bacterial lipopeptides produced by Bacillus subtilis strainsGreenbug aphid Schizaphis graminum (Rond.) causes severe damage to crop of cereal, so increasing plant resistance to aphids is one of the important tasks. A new approach to plant protection against aphids is the use of biological control agents based on endophytic bacteria of the genus Bacillus, which synthesize lipopeptides. We obtained lipopeptide-rich fractions from the culture medium of B. subtilis 26D and B. subtilis 11BM strains containing surfactin and iturin, respectively. It is shown that both strains of B. subtilis 26D and B. subtilis 11BM had a fairly high more than 66,0% aficidal activity due to the synthesis of lipopeptides. For iturin, the aficidal activity was shown for the first time. Both the bacterial strains themselves and their lipopeptide-rich fractions had a growth-promoting effect and increased the endurance of plants populated with Greenbug aphid. Bacterial strains of B. subtilis 26D and B. subtilis 11BM and their lipopeptide-rich fractions induced defensive reactions in wheat plants inhabited by aphids, changing the redox status of plants. The combined use of surfactin and iturin, as well as the use of a bacterial mixture of B. subtilis 26D + B. subtilis 11BM, was more effective compared to the individual use of the components.
Keywords: Bacillus subtilis, surfactin, iturin, wheat, cereal aphid, systemic resistance.
- Yang, S. Y. Characterization of biosurfactants as insecticidal metabolites produced by Bacillus subtilis Y9 / S. Y. Yang, D. J. Lim, M. Y. Noh, J. C. Kim, Y. C. Kim, I. S. Kim // Entomological Research. - 2017. - V. 47. - P. 55-59.
- Andric, S. Bacillus responses to plant-associated fungal and bacterial communities / S. Andric, T. Meyer, M. Ongena // Front. Microbiol. - 2020. - V. 11. - Art. 1350.
- Максимов, И. В. Перспективы применения бактерий - продуцентов липопептидов для защиты растений (обзор) / И. В. Максимов, Б. П. Сингх, Е. А. Черепанова, Г. Ф. Бурханова, Р. М. Хайруллин // Прикладная биохимия и микробиология. - 2020. - Т. 56. - No. 1. - С. 19-34. DOI: 10.1134/S0555109920010134.
- Rashid, M. H. Induction of systemic resistance against insect herbivores in plants by beneficial soil microbes / M. H. Rashid, Y. R Chung // Front. Plant Sci. - 2017. - V. 8. - Art. 1816.
- Miljakovic, D. The significance of Bacillus spp. in disease suppression and growth promotion of field and vegetable crops / D. Miljakovic, J. Marinkovic, S. Baleševic-Tubic// Microorganisms. - 2020. - No. 8. - Р. 1037. DOI: 10.3390/microorganisms8071037.
- Maksimov, I. V. Recombinant Bacillus subtilis 26DCryChS line with gene Btcry1Ia encoding Cry1Ia toxin from Bacillus thuringiensis promotes integrated wheat defense against pathogen Stagonospora nodorumBerk. and greenbug SchizaphisgraminumRond / I. V. Maksimov, D. K. Blagova, S. V. Veselova, A. V. Sorokan, G. F. Burkhanova, E. A. Cherepanova, E. R. Sarvarova, S. D. Rumyantsev, V. Yu. Alekseev, R. M. Khayrullin // Biological Control. - 2020. - V. 144. - Art. 104242.
- Alekseev, V. Sbornik statej po materialam VI Vserossijskojkonferencii s mezhdunarodnymuchastiem "Ekobiotekh" / V. Alekseev, S. Veselova, S.Rumyantsev, G. Burkhanova, E. Cherepanova, I. Maksimov // Ufa, 1-4 oktyabrya (Collection of articles based on the materials of the VI all-Russian conference with international Ecobiotech LLC, Ufa, October 1-4). 11-15 (2019).
- Veselova, S. V. Strain of Bacillus spp. regulate wheat resistance to greenbug aphid Schizaphisgraminum Rond / S. V. Veselova, G. F. Burkhanova, S. D.Rumyantsev, D. K. Blagova, I. V. Maksimov // Appl. Biochem. - Microbiol. - 2019. - V. 55 (1). - P. 41-47.
- Waewthongrak, W. Cyclic lipopeptides from Bacillus subtilis ABS-S14 elicit defense-related gene expression in citrus fruit / W. Waewthongrak, W. Leelasuphakul, G. McCollum // PloS one. - 2014. - V. 9. - No. 10. - DOI: art. e109386. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0109386.
- Alekseev Valentin Yurievich, PhD student, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics of the Ufa Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Rumyantsev Sergey Dmitrievich, PhD in Biology, research associate, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics of the Ufa Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Veselova Svetlana Viktorovna, PhD in Biology, senior Researcher, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics of the Ufa Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Cherepanova Ekaterina Aleksandrovna, PhD in Biology, research associate, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics of the Ufa Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Maksimov Igor’ Vladimirovich, DSc in Biology, professor, head of the Laboratory of Plant Immunity Biochemistry, Chief Researcher, Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics of the Ufa Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.