2021, № 91UDC: 581.19+633.18
GSNTI: 34.29.25, 34.31.37
Variability of ion accumulation in Russian rice samples due to increased adaptability to dehydrationDehydration is characteristic of plants when exposed to a number of stresses: drought, salinity, high and low temperatures, and the defense mechanisms against it are similar when exposed to various stressors. The mechanism of adaptation to salinity in different plants is not the same. But the increased content of chloride and sulfate ions can indirectly release salt-tolerant specimens with a tolerance mechanism that allows for greater salt accumulation without harming the plant. The content of Cl-ions varied in 50 studied rice samples from 7.6-55%. In terms of the amount of sulfate ions, the range of variation was also high, from 1, 19% to 46, 51%. The content of nitrate ions varied least of all in the test material (from 0.37% to 15, 22%). 10 samples had a content of Cl ions - more than 30%, which allows them to be recommended as sources according to the characteristic, these are the varieties: Privolniy, Vizit, Courage, Rapan, Smuglyanka. Anahit, Olympus. The varieties Privolniy Mars, Gamma, Olympus contained a high concentration of nitrate ions. Sulfate ions accumulated most of all in the following samples: Anahit, Vizit, Orion, Istok, Regulus. The isolated samples can be sources of both adaptability to drought and salinity.
Keywords: Adaptability, ions, cultivar, rice, variability.
- Гончарова, Ю. К. Локализация участков хромосом, контролирующих высокий фотосинтетический потенциал у российских сортов риса / Ю. К. Гончарова, С. В. Гончаров, Е. М. Харитонов // Генетика. - 2018. - 54, 7. - С. 796-804.
- Derycke, V. Starch gelatinization and amylose-lipid interactions during rice parboiling investigated by temperature resolved wide angle X-ray scattering and differential scanning calorimetry / V. Derycke, G. E. Vandeputte, R. Vermeylen, W. De Man, B. Goderis, M. H. J. Koch, and J. A. Delcour // J. Cereal Sci. - 2005. - 42, 3. - P. 334-343.
- Hassan, M. Native-invasive plants vs. halophytes in Mediterranean salt marshes: stress tolerance mechanisms in two related species / M. Hassan, J. Chaura, M. P. Lopez-Gresa, O. Borsai, E. Daniso, M.P. Donat-Torres // Front Plant Sci. - 7, 473. - P. 119-130.
- Khan, M. H. Alterations in root lipid peroxidation and antioxidative responses in two rice cultivars under NaCl salinity stress / M. H. Khan, S. K. Panda // Acta Physiology of Plant. - 2008. - 30. - P. 81-89.
- Kharitonov, E. M. The genetics of the traits determining adaptability to abiotic stress in rice (Oryza Sativa L.) / E. M. Kharitonov, Y. K. Goncharova, E. A. Maliuchenko // Russian Journal of Genetics. - 2017. - 7, 6. - P. 684-697.
- Kekere, O. Sustainable production of groundnut (Arachishypogaea L.) through screening and selection of soil salinity-tolerant genotypes / O. Kekere // American Journal of Experimental Agriculture. - 2014. - 4 - P. 1842-1852.
- Koksel, H. Improving effect of lyophilization on functional properties of resistant starch preparations formed by acid hydrolysis and heat treatment/ H. Koksel, T. Masatcioglu, K. Kahraman, S. Ozturk, A. Basman // J. Cereal Sci. - 2003. - 47. - P. 275-282.
- Mansour, R. T. Plant cellular and molecular responses to high salinity / R. T. Mansour // Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology. - 2005. - 51. - P. 463-499.
- Noelle, N. M. The effects of drought on rice cultivation in subSaharan Africa and its mitigation / N. M. Noelle, W. P. Weru, S. J. Rodrigue, G Karlin // African J. of Agricultural research. - 2018. - 13, 25. - P. 1257-1271.
- Ologundudu, F. Leaf Nutrient Content and Yield of Rice Cultivars under Different Concentrations of Chloride and Sulphate Salts of Sodium / F. Ologundudu, O. Kekere // International Journal of Life Sciences Research - 2016. - 4, 2. - P. 178-186.
- Ozturk, S. Effect of storage period and temperature on resistant starch and beta-glucan content in cornbread / S. Ozturk, H. Koksel, K. Kahraman, P.K. Ng // Food Chem. - 2009. - 83, 4. - P. 493-498.
- Sah, S. K.Abscisic Acid and Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Crop Plants / S. K. Sah, K. R. Reddy, J. Li, Front // Plant Sci. - 2016. - 7. - P. 7-15.
- Salazar, C. Plant water stress: Associations between ethylene and abscisic acid response. / C. Salazar, C. Hernández, M. T. Pino, Chilean // Journal of Agricultural Research. - 2015. - 75. -P. 71-79.
- Shaibu, A. A. Screening African Rice (Oryzaglaberrima) for Tolerance to Abiotic Stresses: II. Lowland Drought. / A. A. Shaibu, M. I. Uguru, M. Sow, A. T. Maji, M. N. Ndjiondjop, R. Venuprasad // Crop Science. - 2018. - 58. - P. 133-142.
- Wang, R. T. Salinity, oxidative stress and antioxidant responses in shoot cultures of rice / R. T. Wang, N. M. Fernadez, G. T. Henriques // Journal of Experimental Botany. -2012. - 48 - P. 325-331.
- Yadaw, R. B. A QTL for high grain yield under lowland drought in the background of popular rice variety Sabitri from Nepal / R. B. Yadaw, S. Dixit, A. Raman, K. K. Mishra, P. Vikram, B. P. Swamy, M. T. Cruz, P. T. Maturan, M. Pandey, A. Kumar // Field. Crops Research. - 2013. - P. 281-287.
- Zhu, K. Salt and drought stress signal transduction in plants / K. Zhu // Annual Review of Plant Biology. - 2002. - 53. - P. 247-273.
- Zinolabedin, T. S. Study of water stress effects in different growth stages on yield and yield components of different rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivars / T. S. Zinolabedin, P. M. Hemmatollah, A. M. Seyed, B. Hamidreza // Pakistan Journalof Biological Sciences. - 2008. - 11. - P. 1303-1309.
- Goncharova Julia Konstantinovna, DSc in Biology, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Scientific Center of Rice», LLC "Aratai", Skolkovo,Moscow.
- Bragina Olesya Anatolyevna, Phd in Biology, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Scientific Center of Rice», LLC "Aratai", Skolkovo,Moscow.
- Ochkas Nikolay Alexandrovich, Ph.D. biol. sciences, Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution "Federal Scientific Center of Rice», LLC "Aratai", Skolkovo,Moscow.
- Kharitonov Evgeny Mikhailovich, academician Ran, scientific adviser, Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “I.T. Trubilin Kuban State Agrarian University”.