2018, № 73UDC: 630*165.6
Peculiarities and some results of aspen factorial hybridizationThe aspen area of Russia is biggest in the world. However, it suffers from hart rot; one of the ways to combat it is the breeding of resistant and fast-growing genotypes. In the presented studies, a little-spread, laborious but promising method of factorial hybridization is used, which allows to reveal the general and specific combinational abilities of the original parental forms. For the study, six maternal and six parental fast-growing and less-decrease trees without visible damage by hart rot were selected. Crosses were carried out on the branches cut by mountain climbers. Each mother with all the fathers was placed in a separate laboratory room and isolated with a plastic film bag. There were 30 variants of hybridization. From the obtained seeds on the substrate from the universal soil "Ekso" sprouts were grown, which were then transplanted into the soil. As a result, hybrids were grown from 19 variants of crosses. The paper presents the results obtained after the first two years of research. The survival of seedlings is reflected. The ranking of seedlings by height showed that annual plants from the first five families retained their leadership at the age of two. The greatest growth and survival parameters were in the following combinations of crosses: 02.01½08.02, 10.03½07.02, 10.03½32.03, 18.02½07.02 and 18.02½oc. loc. Plants of these variants at the age of two at a reliable level exceeded the height control (91-130 cm against 70 cm).
Keywords: Aspen, factorial hybridization, combining ability, hybrid seedlings growth, best offspring selection
- Вересин, М. М. Новый гибридный тополь для лесных культур и озеленения / М. М. Вересин // Лесохозяйственная информация. - 1974. - № 6. - С. 14-15.
- Царева, Р. П. Селекция осины // Селекция лесных и декоративных древесных растений / А. П. Царев, С. П. Погиба, Н. В. Лаур; под ред. А. П. Царева. - М.: МГУЛ, 2014. - С. 350-363.
- Яблоков, А. С. Воспитание и разведение здоровой осины / А. С. Яблоков. - М.: Гослесбумиздат, 1963. - 433 с.
- Tsarev, A. Growth and breeding of aspen in Russia / A. Tsarev // Silvae Genetica, 2013. - Vol. 62, issue 4-5. - P. 153-160.
- Tsarev, A. P. Hybridization of Poplars in the Central Chernozem Region of Russia [Еlectronic resources] / A. P. Tsarev, Georg von Wühlisch, R. P. Tsareva // Published Online: 2017-06-28 | DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/sg-2016-0011. Edited by the Thünen Institute of Forest Genetics - Germany. De Gruyter Open, 2017. - 10 p.
- Aspen hybridization: Parents’ compatibility and seedlings’ growth [Еlectronic resources] / A. Tsarev, R. Tsareva, V. Tsarev, M. Fladung, G. Wühlisch // Silvae Genetica. - Berlin (Germany), 2018, 15 Mar. - Vol. 67, issue 1. - P. 12-19. - DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/sg-2018-0002 (URL: 19.03.2018).
- Tsarev Anatoly Petrovich, DSc in Agriculturе, Professor, Head researcher, FSBI “All-Russian Research Institute of Forest Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology”, Federal State Institution of Science "Order of the Labour Red Banner Nikita Botanical Gardens - National Scientific Center Russian Academy of Science".
- Tsareva Raisa Petrovna, senior researcher; senior researcher of forest tree breeding laboratory, FSBI “All-Russian Research Institute of Forest Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology”.
- Tsarev Vadim Anatolievich, Doctor (PHD), senior lecturer; senior researcher of forest tree breeding laboratory, FSBI “All-Russian Research Institute of Forest Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology”.