2018, № 72UDC: 58.02
The effect of hormonal substances on clonal micropropagation of Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni in vitroToday, sucrose is the main commonly used food sweetener derived from sugar beet or sugarcane. However, excessive sugar consumption could undermine human’s health. In the world, where excess weight problem continues to grow, studies on the native sugar substitutes are of an increasing interest. Some of them are widely used, for instance, diterpene glycoside of perennial herbaceous plant Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni. Its leaves are rich with sweet glycosides, the major and the most valuable substance of them is stevioside. Stevioside is widely used as sweetener and sugar substitute product in Japan for decades. It is 300 times sweeter than sucrose however it doesn’t increase blood sugar level and generally recognized as safe. In addition, it is chemically resistant at high temperatures, so it could be used at hot courses preparation. Among other qualities of stevioside are useful for wound healing acceleration, antiallergenic and antiinflammatory action. In this research the influence of growth regulators as well as substances with hormonal activity on the morphology of stevia plants, grown under in vitro condition, was studied. It was established, that agent Zircon shows the positive influence on morphometric parameters of stevia. During the plant cultivation on the MS medium with Zircon in concentrations from 0.1 to 0.5 mg/l, well-grown plants with average multiplication factor 12-15 were obtained.
Keywords: Stevia rebaudiana, cultivation in vitro
- Бондарев Н. И. Дитерпеновые гликозиды в интактных растениях и культурах in vitro стевии (Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni). - 2011. - 148 с.
- Brandle J. E. Stevia rebaudiana: Its agricultural, biological, and chemical properties / A. N. Starratt, M. Gijzen // Canadian journal of plant science. - 1998. - Т. 78. - №. 4. - Р. 527-536.
- Carakostas M. C. Overview: the history, technical function and safety of rebaudioside A, a naturally occurring steviol glycoside // Food and Chemical Toxicology. - 2008. - Т. 46. - № 7. - С. 1-10.
- Шульгина, А. А. Влияние факторов гормональной и физической природы на морфобиохимические показатели Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni in vitro и in vivo / А. А. Шульгина Е. А. Калашникова. - Матер. III Всеросс. науч.-практ. конф. «Эколого-генетические резервы селекции, семеноводства и размножения растений», 3-9 сентября 2017, Ялта. - Труды Кубанского государственного аграрного Университета. - 2017 - С. 253-257.
- Shulgina Alla Andreevna, PhD-student; Department of Genetics, Biotechnology, Plant breeding and Seed production, Russian State Agrarian University - Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy.
- Kalashnikova Elena Anatol'evna, DSc in Biology, Professor; Department of Genetics, Biotechnology, Plant breeding and Seed production, Russian State Agrarian University - Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy.