2018, № 72UDC: 633.854.78:575
Initial imidazolinone resistant population development for breeding of confectionary sunflowerThe aim of the work was to create a source material for the breeding of large-fruited confectionary varieties of sunflower of the intermediate type, resistant to imidazolinones and suitable for cultivation by the Clearfield production system. The research was conducted in 2014-2017 at VNIIMK, Krasnodar. The VK1-imi line was used as a donor of the imidazolinone resistance gene Imr, as well as large-grained sunflower varieties of the VNIIMK Oreshek and Jinn. A quantitative assessment of the damage to plants with Euro-Lightning herbicide (1 l/ha) was performed on a 9-point scale of phytotoxicity in 7-10 days after treatment of individual plants using a sprayer. The following scale of scores was used: 0 - no symptoms of damage; 1, 2 and 3 - increase in the degree of chlorosis of leaves and decrease in plant height; 4, 5 and 6 - the growth of morphological anomalies of the corrugation of the leaf; 7, 8 and 9 - the growth of necrosis of leaves before the death of the plant. Thirty two of F6 heads were selected according to the following criteria of achenes: number > 700 pieces, weight 1000 pcs. > 100 g, length > 12 mm, shape - oval-elongated, oil content > 35% and husk content < 37%. On average, these families were characterized by a mass of 1000 seeds 115 g, oil content 39% and husk content 33%. The use of methods of hybridization, backcrosses, self-pollination and group pollinating made it possible to create in four years and six generations a homozygous imidazolinone resistance of Imr gene for the initial population of large-fruited sunflower for breeding of confectionary varieties of the intermediate type suitable for the Clearfield production system.
Keywords: Herbicide, resistance, large seed, variety, crossing
- Bruniard, J. M. Inheritance of imidazolinone-herbicide resistance in sunflower / J. M. Bruniard, J. F Miller // Helia. - 2001. - Vol. 24. - Р. 11-16.
- Первые отечественные имидазолиноноустойчивые гибриды подсолнечника Имидж и Арими / Я. Н. Демурин, А. А. Пихтярёва, О. М. Борисенко, Е. Н. Трембак, Н. А. Пикалова // Масличные культуры (НТБ ВНИИМК). - 2012. - Вып. № 1 (150). - С. 172.
- Демурин, Я. Н. Шкала фитотоксичности ALS-ингибирующих гербицидов у подсолнечника / Я. Н. Демурин, А. С. Тронин, Н. А. Пикалова // Масличные культуры (НТБ ВНИИМК). - 2013. - Вып. № 2 (155-156). - С. 24-27.
- Miller, J. F. Registration of imidazolinone herbicide-resistant sunflower maintainer (HA425) and fertility restorer (RHA426 and RHA427) germplasms / J. F. Miller, K. Al-Khatib // Crop Science. - 2002. - Vol. 42. - Р. 988-989.
- Sala, C. A. Inheritance and molecular characterization of broad range tolerance to herbicides targeting acetohydroxyacid synthase in sunflower / C. A. Sala, M. Bulos // Theoretical and Applied Genetics. - 2012. - Vol. 124. - P. 355-364.
- Demurin Yakov Nikolaevich, DSc in Biology, Professor, Head of Sunflower Department, All-Russian Research Institute of Oil Crops.
- Tronin Alexander Sergeevich, Phd in Biology, Head of the Laboratory of Breeding and Seed Growing of Sunflower, All-Russian Research Institute of Oil Crops.
- Pikhtyareva Anastasia Alexandrovna, Phd in Bi, Leading Researcher, All-Russian Research Institute of Oil Crops.
- Pikunov Sergey Anatolievich, post-graduate student, All-Russian Research Institute of Oil Crops.