2016, № 58UDC: 633.18:631.527.52
Breeding of aerobic rice varietiesThe article presents the selection results of the joint work of the Research Institute of Irrigated Agriculture and Research Institute of Grain Crops, held in 2001-2015, which was to create mid-season aerobic rice varieties tolerant to cultivation with water in unsaturated soils with potential yields under periodic watering of 6-8 t/ha, vegetation period 110-120 days, resistant to biotic and abiotic factors. The development of new varieties began with the development of grade model, which was the major guideline for the selection of the source material in the analysis of results of ecological testing of varieties and accessions of rice from the collection of VIR, the Research Institute of Rice, th Research Institute of Grain Crops and Research Institute of Irrigated Agriculture. Source material for breeding was selected on the basis of tolerance to lack of water layer in the rice fields, the length of the growing season as the main limiting factor in the Northern zone of rice cultivation and grain yield. Long-grain aerobic rice variety Volgogradsky was obtained by individual selection from a heterogeneous population of accessions N-561, collection of VIR, patent № 2681, 21.04.2005, and was listed in the State register of breeding achievements. Medium-grain rice variety with grains length-to-diameter ratio of ≤ 2,5 was obtained as a result of intervarietal hybridization of aerobic varieties Volgogradsky (parent form) and tolerant to the absence of a water layer on the field of high-yield Boyar (paternal form). Subsequently as a result of individual selection of plants on the grounds, closest to the model class in nurseries F4-F8 accessions 10579 (Stalingradskly) was obtained, which according to characteristics signs matched the model grade. On average over 3 years in the competitive strain testing it exceeded the productivity standard, aerobic variety Volgogradsky by 2,8 t/ha. Individual peculiarity of this variety is its high tolerance to cultivation on unsaturated soil, i.e. in irrigation systems of General purpose. It can be recommended for use in production in the Volgograd region, North Caucasus and Lower Volga natural-geographical regions of the Russian Federation.
Keywords: Aerobic rice varieties, varieties samples, breeding, yielding capacity
- Ганиев, М. А. Рис Oryza Sativa L. Волгоградский / М. А. Ганиев, П. И. Костылев, И. П. Кружилин, К. А Родин. - Патент № 2681, 21.04.2005.
- Костылев, П. И. Методы селекции, семеноводства и сортовой агротехники риса / П. И. Костылев. - Ростов н/Д: ЗАО «Книга», 2011. - 208 с.
- Методика Государственного сортоиспытания сельскохозяйственных культур. - М.: Колос, 1971. - Вып. 2. - 239 с.
- Сметанин, А. П. Методики опытных работ по селекции, семеноводству, семеноведению и контролю за качеством семян/ А. П. Сметанин, В. А. Дзюба, А. И. Апрод. - Краснодар, 1972. - 155 с.
- Kruzhilin Ivan Panteleevich, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, chief researcher, All-Russian Research Institute of Irrigated Agriculture.
- Ganiev Muslim Аbdulaevich, PhD in techniques, senior research fellow, head of the laboratory of rice irrigation, All-Russian Research Institute of Irrigated Agriculture.
- Rodin Konstantin Anatol'evich, PhD in agriculture, senior researcher of the laboratory of rice irrigation, All-Russian Research Institute of Irrigated Agriculture.
- Kostylev Pavel Ivanovich, Dr. of Agricultural Sciences, Professor, head of laboratory of plant breeding, seed production and cultivation technology of rice, All-Russian research Institute of grain crops" (FSBI VNIISK).