Subjects of the papers
The scientific journal “Proceedings of the Kuban State Agrarian University” was established in 2006 to organize and expand a unified educational, scientific and innovation space in the field of agriculture, primarily in the Kuban and South of Russia.
In the process of its development, the journal has gone beyond the regional framework and currently publishes articles by researchers from different regions of Russia and foreign authors; it is one of the largest in the number of publications of printed agricultural periodicals in the former USSR.
The editorial staff strives to further expand the geography of publications. In particular, according to a number of agreements concluded by the founder, scientific publications are exchanged with educational institutions of agrarian profile of Russia and abroad.
The journal is polythematic and publishes articles on a wide range of scientific areas of agriculture: economics, agronomy, animal science and veterinary medicine, engineering and agro-industrial specialties.
The scientific journal publishes the results of original researches, as well as relevant analytical reviews, information about scientific events and discussion materials in Russian.
As an exception, materials in European languages are accepted in coordination with the editorial office, but in this case they should be accompanied by information about the native speaker who checked and edited the manuscript.
All materials undergo a mandatory procedure of 2-stage reviewing; the Editorial Board aims to further improve the quality of reviewing through the involvement of leading experts and third-party experts.
The founder and the editors adhere to the principle of free access to published materials.
With this purpose, the journal website is organized in Russian and English languages, containing, in particular, annotations for all published articles, the materials are placed in the Russian Science Citation Index, and abstracts of publications in RUScEL.
Since 2013, in order to further expand access to published materials, the full texts of all published articles are also posted on the website of the electronic library system of the “LAN” publishing house (St. Petersburg).
In order to further promote the journal in the international information space, publications regarded by the Editorial Board as the most valuable ones are drawn up according to the requirements of international databases (AGRIS format is taken as a model), and include a summary (200-250 words) in English and a duplicate list of references.
In general, scientific subjects of the journal cover the following areas:
- Regularities of formation and development of Agrarian and Industrial Complex and its core - agriculture - as a complex socio-economic system; problems of the current state and mechanisms of innovation and investment processes in various economy sectors.
- Methodology and organization of accounting, analysis of economic activity, audit and statistics; economic processes and systems based on the development and use of economic and mathematical methods and tools; information technology solutions to economic problems in various sectors of the economy.
- Biology features of crop plants: field, vegetable, fruit, decorative crops, grapes, etc.; studying of ecological reaction of species (grades) to changing environment conditions (the relation to temperature, soil conditions, and moisture availability, food and light modes); scientific justification of grades (hybrids) zoning; introduction of economically valuable plants; development of effective methods and technologies of plants cultivation and harvesting; development of programming bases of high crops and high-quality varietal growing technologies; study of the processes occurring in seeds during the formation, maturation and germination; development of methods to improve the sowing qualities of seeds, as well as methods for their evaluation; plant protection against diseases and pests.
- Development of agrotechnical methods of crop products quality improvement; determining the biological characteristics of the species and varieties, their economic characteristics and properties in connection with the justification for their placement in the zones and the development of systems and agronomic practices; the rationale for the placement of ornamental plants in the urban and rural landscape and in the interior; development of biological bases of horticultural plants reproduction, individual methods and technological cycles of growing seed and planting material; development of scientific foundations of agrotechnical systems and techniques that increase plant resistance to adverse environmental conditions; development of methods and techniques for monitoring the varietal characteristics and quality of seed and planting material in the process of its cultivation in open and protected soil; justification of the structure and construction of plantations; development of systems of measures and individual methods of laying gardens and vineyards (selection and evaluation of the place, pre-planting soil preparation, organization of the territory, placement of plants).
- Study of systems and separate methods of high and steady crops cultivation of high quality decorative production (systems of the maintenance of the soil, fertilization, formation and pruning of plants crowns); development of effective technology of fruit crops and grapes harvesting; complex assessment of grades for intensive type plantings for landscape and interior use, development of high-quality varietal growing technologies; development of techniques of fruit crops and ornamental plants scientific researches; agroecological assessment of soils; development of soil fertility regulation methods; protection of soil cover; land reclamation.
- Features of fruiting, formation of forest inventory indices of tree and shrub species in pure and mixed protective forest plantations of different designs and decorative features in landscaping plantings; the impact of protective plantings on agrocoenoses, microclimate, soil, hydrology, wind regime etc. of the surrounding areas.
- Contagious and non-contagious animal pathology, problems of morphology and pathomorphology, zoohygiene, microbiology, virology, immunology, pharmacology, toxicology, radiobiology, and pathology of fish and bees.
- Improvement of existing and creation of new breeds, types of lines, families and crosses of farm animals; development of new methods of selection and assessment of farm animals’ breeding and productive qualities; development and improvement of scientifically substantiated norms and rations of farm animals feeding; improvement of nutritional value assessment systems and methods for farm animals forages and rations; forages quality assessment; development of increase methods of productive and reproductive animals’ qualities, production quality; development of keeping modes and methods of animals reproduction; study of acclimatization and adaptation of animals’ breeds and lines.
- Development of theory, methods and technical means of using electrical and magnetic processes in agricultural production, including technological processes, special electrical installations, their management and operation. Technical research and developments in the field of agricultural products and materials production, storage and processing. Improvement of the theory, methods and technical means of optimal electricity use to improve productivity, labour quality and productivity in agricultural production, the creation of energy-saving and environment friendly technologies, ensuring safe operating conditions of electrical installations.
- Technologies and means of agricultural mechanization, maintenance means. Development of the theory and methods of technological influence on the environment and objects (soil, plant, animal, grain, etc.) of agricultural production. Technical progress foreseeing in technologies and machines system substantiation for their implementation. Operational technologies and processes development in crop production and animal husbandry. Development of methods for improving the reliability and efficiency of production processes, the use of units, links, technological complexes and production lines. Development of optimization methods of structural parameters and operating modes of technical systems, means in crop breeding and livestock production, machines, units, separate working bodies and other means of technological processes mechanization in agricultural production according to the efficiency and resource retention criteria.